meme

i am doing this because tymmerie tagged me but mostly i don't like memes. my whole blog is about mememememe, right? anyway.
Here are the meme rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the next three sentences
5. Tag five people.

disclaimer: i am at work and there are precious few books in my office that have more than 123 pages. what does that say about me??

1. book of the proper length identified - check. it is called "policy on general safe work practices for safe use of chemicals in laboratories"
2. book opened
3. sentence found
4. this is so funny but here goes
"Avoid eating, drinking, gum chewing, or the application of cosmetics in areas where laboratory chemicals are present. Wash hands before conducing these activities. Avoid storage, handling or consumption of food or beverages in chemical storage areas and environmental rooms."

-- this meme is being interrupted by commentary -- who the HELL puts on make up in the lab? no one i know, i assure you. also, if you are stupid enough to eat in the lab then you probably deserve the painful stomach cramps you will likely contract.--

5. tag people? i hate this part. sigh. i sweetly ask cierra, timothy, lunette, jellybean, and dinee to do this meme but if they don't want to play its totally cool.

6 comments:

Eli said...

Well even though I didn't get tagged I thought I would try it anyway. I'm at work so the closest book was a catalog for industrial electrical supplies. I'm only going to give you two sentences because they are quite wordy.
"Backwall sizes are based on: two per side – diagonal corners; four per side – one in each corner; three per side – triangular pattern with two on adjacent corners on long wall and third in center of opposite long wall. Conduit seals are required within 1-1/2" of all conduit entrances for Class I, Group C, hazardous locations."

chestnut rau said...

eli i so would have tagged you if you had a blog! thanks for doing it here. i do think you may have beat me out for the technical geek award. dammit. i so wanted that honor too.

secondlifeimagery said...

I never get tagged.

chestnut rau said...

see! this is why i hate memes. no one *wants* to get tagged and then people who are not tagged feel left out. ugh

i am sorry.

Lunette said...

I don't want to do this on my blog or pass it on, but here's my bit from the appendix of a book called Attorney Escrow Accounts (I'm just doing one sentence because the next two just refer to other parts of the statute being quoted):

"Retirement shall include the cessation of the private practice of law in the geographic area, that is, the county and city and any county or city contiguous thereto, in which the practice to be sold has been conducted."

Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something?!?!?!

Timothy Lilliehook said...

Yay, I got tagged! And yes, I did answer :)