Mega prims, habitrails and champagne

I decided to build a private spot in the sky as our sim is open to the public and we do get visits from friends and friends to be fairly regularly. I have this idea of translucent spheres floating in the air -- who knows if my idea is a good one or not. It could end up looking like a habitrail for avatars but experimentation is part of the fun so I am going to give it a shot.

This morning I posted to twitter asking where I could get a copy of the full perm mega prim packages that were floating around. In short order the lovely Grace McDunnough passed me a copy of 140 mega prims. All day long I was distracted from my RL job thinking about my build idea. Shortly before leaving work I posted to twitter saying I could not wait to get home, rez a platform in the sky and build, which is exactly what I did. Pretty soon the mom taxi needed to make a run to the lacrosse field so I left the platform and off I went. When I returned I found this:


The always cuddly Timothy Lillihook had stopped by to say hi and left me a photo of himself on the spot. Timothy is a wonderful friendly kitty and if you don't read his blog you should and should follow him on twitter if you indulge. He is always there with a hug and a kind word and I am lucky to count him as a friend.

Yes, as a community we are working to define appropriate behavior. Some have talked about the decline of society in SL and when I see acts of vandalism it is easy to get cynical. Still, instead of wallowing in the negative I like to focus on the awesome live music scene, follow ongoing discussions about issues both big and small, and explore the incredible art installations all over the grid. There are deeply talented people doing fantastic things in SL. It is truly amazing.

These days my glass is not only half full, it is half full of really good champagne.

7 comments:

Me said...

Please excuse my ignorance, but I don't understand how such vandalism can occur?

chestnut rau said...

To answer your question from a technical point of view, object owners and those to whom they have given mod rights can take or delete objects.

Me said...

So it must have been someone within the group that owns that land? That's pretty sad if you can't trust people in your own group, unless it is just a situation where people have different senses of humor (i.e. one likes pranks & another doesn't).

chestnut rau said...

Well this situation is somewhat more complicated than that I believe, but it is quite dispiriting when people destroy property.

Dale Innis said...

Internecine drama is always the bitterest... :)

Timothy Lilliehook said...

Awwww! *melts away*
Thank you so much for these kind words :)

Ohaku Rau said...

We have the same last name XD