You don't appreciate what you have until it is gone

At my home I have a fiber connection to the internet. Being a non-technical sort I really have no idea what that means quantitatively but I do know my internet connection is very fast and stable.

So, here I sit in a beach house several states away from home at the kitchen table looking out at the water. It is beautiful and relaxing in the early morning and the perfect place to enjoy cup after cup of good coffee. I just had an enlightening chat with my niece about the virtues of M&Ms in vanilla yogurt. Lovely.

I am using an internet connection provided by the marina down the road, who sells short term service to the transient sailing population. I am grateful to have a connection so I can email and IM. I did try to get into SL, which is fine as long as I don't try to move. I am beginning to understand much better how hard it can be to navigate SL if you have a slow connection. It is just not worth logging in.

1 comment:

Dale Innis said...

Lovely photo! Don't worry, you'll be back to the fibre soon enough. :)