We bought a mainland parcel!

After much map hopping, auction watching and searching Zha and I bought a mainland parcel today. The sim is on the old mainland. Our parcel is on a peninsula and has water on both sides. There is enough wild creativity in the area so you know you are on the mainland but for now there is a minimum of ugly. Given that I have talked about the cost of mainland a few times I will say we paid a little bit more per square meter than I would have liked but we decided this parcel was well worth the price.

We bought this land to build a park. It is our intent to make a beautiful place that is open for everyone to enjoy. I expect there will be places to hang out, some art and maybe even a place for a very non-explicit, non-violent, non-photo realistic cuddle since this is a Mature sim and public naughtiness is not allowed. Or maybe it is, we really can't be sure. We will rez my Magic 8 ball and see if we can clear up that PG/Mature/Adult policy and get back to you on the cuddles, ok?

In truth we don't have a specific plan for the build. No doubt it will be a true Zha and Ches collaboration meaning the build will take longer than we intend and most likely not end up looking at all as we picture it right now. I guess you will have to stop by and check it out, won't you? http://slurl.com/secondlife/Marawa/51/216/36

Here are some before pictures.







This interesting woman visited very shortly after we created our group and purchased the land. She said she was exploring the area. We chatted for a short moment, I wished her well and she was off. I can't wait until we have built our park and are able to give random explorers a reason to hang around.

8 comments:

Tymmerie Thorne said...

Congrats!! That has so much potential! All of our land is mainland (on 2 different sims) and we find it very nice.

Dale Innis said...

What fun! Must pop over and check out the neighborhood. :) You are right in the heart of Sansara there, north of the Cold Quarter? I hear there is now a flyable path from Jeogeot (the southern continent, where Hughes Rise is) to Sansara; maybe I will try to fly up! Could be a fun trek...

chestnut rau said...

Dale your knowledge is so impressive. I haven't a clue about all that to be honest. Please come visit any time. No,no...all the time.

Eli said...

Congrats. I <3 Mainland. Looks like you found a great spot.

Lizzie Lexington said...

Yay for Mainland cool finds! Congrats!

Dale Innis said...

Looks like I was misinformed about the Jeogeot-Sansara sim-bridge. :) But I did TP across and look around. Lovely spot! And did you know you have Jopsy Pendragon for a neighbor, right across the region boundary in Hina? Must be a good neighborhood! :)

Yeah, the fun thing about a park is who-all comes by. I seem to have a family (at least three woman and a girl-child) of Portuguese speakers who have taken up residence in a corner of the Hughes Rise Park, and chatter away constantly, ignoring any attempts by outsiders to talk to them. And leaving the occasional shoe or shopping bag lying around to be returned. :) Makes me smile...

Dale Innis said...

I went an' weblogified my adventurous journey to your parcel!

http://daleinnis.wordpress.com/2009/04/29/a-jaunt-northward/

:)

Emerald Wynn said...

LOLOLOL I think that woman also was wandering around the island on which I live. (Em's English teacher claps for that sentence construction.)

I'm just catching up on a ton of your blog posts. Sorry about the late comment. :)