A Map of the SL Grid

I was wandering around Bay City this evening to take a photo for a very cool event you will learn about on Thursday in New World Notes. Bay City is really pretty. I had never explored this area much but I like it quite a bit.

As I walked I came across this enormous map of the SL mainland continents. You can teleport to the map at this link. It was really very interesting to be able to see the world on a map. I am so used to flying and TPing I have no sense of the way the world is oriented at all. This map helped. Click through for a larger view if you are interested.

3 comments:

Peter Stindberg said...

You should take a look at Rika Watanabe's planetarium - it is a map of SL like you have never seen one before: http://rezpectable.wordpress.com/2009/04/17/stellar-cartography/

Enjoy!

Dale Innis said...

Yeah, I love that map. In fact you can get an automatically-updating one of your own, for free, from NCI!

(See my weblog item about the ones in my park.)

Marianne McCann said...

Glad you enjoyed your visit to Bay City! We're a friendly bunch. :-)