* Please read Chestnut's Choices on New World Notes. I think I have a great mix of events for this week. I actually managed to update my google calendar as well.
* I am frustrated with the new Second Life Web Page. The Events Calendar is much easier to read, I will give the Lindens that much. However, all my links were broken during the migration.
* The Events Calendar is harder to navigate than it was before the update. Now it takes 2 clicks to get to the full description of an event where it used to take one. It takes 3 clicks to get to a SLurl where it used to take two. This change is going in the wrong direction people.
* None of the search categories have changed. FFS, Pageants still exists as a category Seriously, does anyone do pageants in Second Life? Oh yes, now that I think of it there have been a few. I recall the drama, the runny mascara and the hissy fits. I don't think Pageants really need a whole category in search while, say, DJ events don't have a category? OK I need to stop here before I go off on a tirade.
* I was in a runway fashion show the other day. The show presented designs by Fashion Research Inc. Student Interns. The students were actually congratulated by Women's Wear Daily for their work, which is a really big deal.
* FRI is accepting applications for Fall internships now. If you are a budding virtual fashion designer you will not find a better way to learn. You can apply for the internship here.
* You will note I did not blog about the show I was in prior to the event. Why, you ask? Well the dress I had to wear was not to my taste. It made me pretty uncomfortable to be strutting my stuff on a runway in something I would never, ever wear. Which is very silly, but it is how I felt at the time.
* As it turned out, when I got to the end of the runway and struck my poses there were actual cheers from the crowd. So, probably I was wrong about the dress. We all had a great deal of fun and got swag too. What is not to love about swag?
* Next time I am asked to wear something I am not fond of I promise not be such a baby. Like my friend Harper said "models are just the hangers." I am pretty sure she said something about the show being about the student designers and not about me too.
* Finally, if you are looking for a fashion blog by someone who really knows virtual couture and who is a brilliant intelligent writer, check out Harper's blog A Passion for Virtual Fashion. I warn you, reading that blog it is an imminent danger to your linden balances. At least it is for mine.