The smell of the incense

I was not raised in a religious home. Churches are foreign places I don't understand. The words spoken make little sense to me and the rituals feel strange. Yet, there are days when going to Church is the only option -- like when there is a Monday morning 10am funeral mass for your friend.

All I know is I can't stop smelling the incense and I can't shake the image of her brave little boys holding their Dad's hands as they walked into the Church together.

Peace be with you, Jackie.

2 comments:

Krissy Muggleston said...

In my opinion, there's isn't a more beautiful funeral then a Catholic one. I'm sure her husband felt the Holy Spirit as I did also in that moment. Hugs.

chestnut rau said...

It was beautiful Krissy. I am very sure Jackie's husband found great comfort in the service and the love of the hundreds of people who filled the church.