Lots of things on my mind

Molecule in the Sky at ThorneBridgeTown

Some random thoughts filling my head and I need to get them out or I won't be able to work. I have a bunch of deadlines today so I do need to focus. Consider this a warning: Nonsense ahead! Proceed at your own risk!

1) Catching up with old friends warms my heart.

2) There are few things as frustrating to me as technology that doesn't work and "helpline" people who are clueless.

3) When people I love argue with each other I can feel my stress levels increase by many orders of magnitude in seconds.

4) I work best with a deadline. I can fill hours...no days...of dithering but give me a deadline and I can finish the project in short order. I wish I could make myself dither less without deadlines but it seems impossible.

5) Recently I have been called a hypocrite for expressing my honest opinion. I am still pondering this but in general my gut is telling me I am better off keeping my distance from people who can't engage in discourse where polite disagreement on ideas is fundamentally a good thing.

5 comments:

Krissy Muggleston said...

From my beginning days of blogging I have always admired your level of integrity and principle. It's no surprise to me that your stress levels increase in that way.

Chestnut Rau said...

Thank you so much Krissy. The admiration is entirely mutual and I am flattered by your comment.

Lizzie Lexington said...

To me you handle things with such dignity and grace but sometimes speaking up makes others uncomfortable. But if it it's done with honesty and not malicious intent in the long run it may help them evaluate themselves and their own behavoirs. Hugs.

Lauren said...

Chestnut....please remember when someone calls you something like a 'hypocrite' it's because they think that about themselves. Disagreeing with a work is vastly different then name calling. And your friends know you and love you. (Pic is great btw)

Chestnut Rau said...

Thanks Lauren. That photo was taken on Zha's work island, Thornbridge Town. It is an enormous replica of a molecule that floats over a lake.