243 of 365 Second Life Community Convention


Yesterday I registered for the SLCC and booked a room at this hotel. It is too late for me to cancel now, or so Zha has said anyway. If you are AT.ALL. interested in meeting up with virtual friends or meeting new people in a great city please join us. The price goes up on 7/3 so now is the time to get off the fence and register!

Here are the reasons I think you should come

1) You get to look your friends in the eye, hug them and feel them touch your hand.

2) You get to act ridiculous and silly late at night, especially if you drink a glass or two of wine with me.

3) SLCC itself will have panels and discussion that will be interesting and informative.

4) Boston is a fantastic city which is totally worth exploring. For example we can go to the Museum of Fine Arts, hang out on the beautiful Boston Common, take a duck tour, shop at Faneuil Hall or visit Copley Square. I could go on and on, but you get the idea. I love Boston and I promise you there is no shortage of things to do if panel discussions inside a hotel convention center are not your idea of a good time on a summer day. (Maybe I should do a Chestnut's Choices for Boston? Whaddya think?)

5) Meeting your SL friends in RL will remind you why you fell in love with Second Life in the first place and it will shake you out of your virtual ennui, if you happen to be one of the many who have been feeling that way.

6) There will be live music!!!!!!!!!!!!

7) Christina's Homemade ice cream

8) You might be able to have dinner with Philip Linden

9) More likely, you can have dinner with me

10) You know you will have a great time if you go to SLCC. Don't listen to the haters, don't pay attention to those who say SLCC has jumped the shark. Get on a plane, get on the train or get in your car. Have a drink with me and let's have fun together. I want to hear your laugh, see your smile and give you a hug.

1 comment:

Dale Innis said...

I am signed up!

Although I hear there will be lots of RL people there. Scary!