A personal post about change

Today I reached a decision and I am not really sure how best to communicate it, but this blogger blogs so here goes. This Thursday will be the last time Chestnut's Choices appears in New World Notes.

I have too much on my plate and meeting a weekly deadline is proving difficult. Since I don't have the time to devote to doing research my posts are stale and getting them finished is stressing me out. For close to two years now writing for New World Notes has been wonderful but in order to retain balance in my life, something had to give.

If you are interested in writing about virtual world events you should contact Hamlet. He is open to different formats than the one I used so if you have creative ideas and want to work for a blog with a huge number of wonderful readers, the opportunity is there. Go for it!

7 comments:

Wizzy Gynoid said...

thanks for your posts. i loved following them.

Anonymous said...

I recently made a similar decision, and I have not regretted it. Sometimes you must simply let go to free yourself for something new. I've appreciated your weekly events, and I know your next adventures will be just as successful. Good luck!

~Kghia

Nazz Lane said...

I can relate and sypmphatize Chestnut. Thank you for all the wonderful event posts you've done.

Jenn Forager said...

Thanks so much, Chestnut. Sometimes we set a standard for ourselves, the burden of which only becomes clear over time. You've done a brilliant job, and it takes courage to make a change. As Garrison Keillor says: "Be well, do good work, and keep in touch."

samanthapoindexter said...

It does make sense. Thanks for your work on this until now!

Matthew Perreault said...

Thanks for all your hard work, you will definitely be missed. Don't be a stranger.

Poppy Zabelin said...

Brave decision Chestnut. Thank you for all you've done. I've always enjoyed your posts and thanks for your coverage of Relay For Life of Second Life events.