36 of 365 Delinda's Memorial Begins



I am going to be honest and say I have not cried that much since Delinda died. I have been sad, gutted. Somehow the tears did not come. People were falling apart all around me and there was work to do so I kept my nose to the grindstone and just tried to put the Memorial together.

Autumn, Fanci, Nicci, Angie and LaDonna were total rock stars and did everything needed to coordinate about 45 performers and 30 visual artists as well as tons of volunteers. Oliver Szondi donated a 5,000 listener stream at his own expense. I tried to keep the sails full and the boat on course and when the flu hit me this week I sort of failed at that. Sighs.

At 9am when Mason Thorne took the stage and started the Memorial weekend with "Amazing Grace" I think the effects of grief, illness and stress washed over me and I just lost it. Damn you kidney disease. Damn you.

I miss you Delinda.

2 comments:

Oliver said...

Thanks for this awesome post, i will truely miss delinda.

Im glad i could help with the server side of things, Alan/tpenta is recording the stream as we speak, i want to personally thank him for his donation of his workstation for recording this stream, he is going to publish the stream after the 48 hours.

Just glad we could help, Delinda made pathsteps into virtual worlds and was a groundbreaking person in the world of music.

Dan said...

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of
power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are
messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love.