Strange days near the end of the world

Today was a really weird day.

First I slept until almost noon. Those of you who are paying attention know I have a terrible time with insomnia so sleeping a lot is a rare treat or a sign of the impending Apocalypse.

Then my cat killed a mouse and dropped it at my feet.  A little while later she killed a baby bird.  This too is a sign of something, probably not the Apocalypse though.  It likely means the killing instinct is strong in cats and in spring the baby critters have not yet learned how to avoid predators.  It was sad and more than a little gross.  Thank god for husbands because I am not in the business of corpse disposal.

Eventually, I made an amazing dinner which everyone in my family ate.  This is surely a sign of the impending Apocalypse.  I mean it.

After that I logged in to SL and someone I admire asked if they could add me as a friend.  It made my day.

Now I am sitting with the killer cat on my lap, drinking a big glass of wine wondering if I will indeed be up all night as payback for sleeping a lot yesterday.  I am listening to Marx Dudek spin crazy tunes and doing her best to conjure up the impending Apocalypse.  It isn't working.

1 comment:

Laura18 Streeter said...

Very nice :) Touching indeed.
I don't know about apocalypse but yesterday I went to IKEA.. Took me fro 11.30 to 14.00 to just GET there, with my GPS;took forever to buy the furniture i wanted, have someone help me put it on the trolley, cart all 135kg over to pay, wait for delivery and pay for that, and it cost me more than double the amount planned.... We're doomed :P