The best love song of all time

This morning when I woke up I had This Must be the Place by the Talking Heads playing on a loop in my brain.  I honestly think  David Byrne is a genius and this is one of the best love songs I have ever heard.  Then I went to Youtube and listened to the many ways people have covered the song.  Why am I blogging these videos?  Mostly so I can find them later but I hope you like them as much as I did.  I am pretty sure I have posted at least one of these before but you can't really expect brilliant new content all the time, can you?

First, the master himself who uses strings on this version rather than the traditional floor lamp.



More versions of the song after the break.


Next Arcade Fire, who used an interesting steel drum twist.



Ok the elementary schools kids from PS 22 usually make me smile but I am not sure this song works for them.  Sorry kids.  It is probably best for you to stick to Coldplay.  I will say the girl who does the solo kills even though the words seem incongruous coming from a child.



My favorite cover of This Must be The Place is by Kyp Malone.  His vocal is inspired and his beard is a thing of beauty.  I love listening to music in small intimate clubs and I wish I was sitting at a table in the front when this was recorded.



"Its gonna be what it is gonna be."  Truer words were never spoken Kyp.

1 comment:

jayjayzifanwe said...

best love song is swept away by christopher cross
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3dDSy7ixoo