Amase, Zach and me on Art Screamer last night planning upcoming events. We are tossing around some great ideas! My art partners and our work are the only things that are giving me SLjoy lately.
The past week has been terrible. In no particular order, here is my Saturday morning list of why I am glad the past week is over:
- People have breaks with reality, walk into movie theaters and kill
- People on the internet act like fucking idiots because we all want to find something to blame and seek comfort in our own ridiculous ways.
- We are transitioning to a new financial system at work. It is my job to understand the tech AND deal with every one's mental breakdowns when things don't work perfectly on day one.
- I am the mother to teenagers - this should be self explanatory.
- I was supposed to have a biopsy of a lump on my neck this week, which got pushed to next week because my doctor ran late in surgery and my situation is "not life threatening" which is all well and good but when your doctor uses the words "mass" "biopsy" and "possible surgery" in the same sentence you try being calm. For weeks.
All of which is to say, if I have been bitchy I am sorry. If I continue to be bitchy, well I am sorry about that as well.
Given the likelihood of me being perfectly honest because I have NO filter lately which can and does ruin friendships, please don't argue with me about the following - we have had these arguments before and there is no need to rehash.
- Linden Lab's right to my creative work
- Your right to give your creative work to whoever you want
- Whether or not Second Life is dying
- (Fill in the blank) virtual world is better/worse than Second Life
- The impact of the LEA on the SL Art Community
- Avatar identity
- Mesh and the deformer
- What viewer to use
- Gary Vaynerchuck
- Copying, imitation and stealing creative ideas
- Your need to know my RL information
- Griefing as performance art
- Any damn thing that you say that pisses me off.
I think we will be OK if we stay away from these topics, but honestly I make no promises. If you see me it is probably best to back away slowly - at least until the biopsy results come back.